.5 Science Teacher (INR)
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Valid Colorado Teaching license
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Excellent organizational and academic skills
- Effective student management skills
- Student centered; Demonstrated success in working with students
- Inquiry-based approach to learning
- Excellent collaborative/teaming skills
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Ability to use data/technology to improve instruction and learning, and to interpret test data
- Working knowledge of and success in applying state standards in subject area
- Excellent interpersonal skills; skillful communicator with students, staff and parents
- Qualified per Colorado Department of Education and per district requirements, if applicable
Hours per Day:
Number of Days per Week:
Days of the Week:
Number of Days per Year:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions.
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the fingerprinting charge at the Colorado Springs Police Department as well as for the FBI charge.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
Primary consideration will be given to transfer requests from schools that need to reduce staff.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on 20Net Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR - Other Forms and Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|If you are a new applicant, you must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete the online application. In addition to the online application, you must submit transcripts (undergraduate and graduate, if applicable) and three (3) letters of recommendation. You can submit the transcripts and three letters of recommendation in one of three ways:|
Human Resources Department
Academy District 20
1110 Chapel Hills Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
|Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application. Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|