Administrative Assistant for Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.Job Description: Essential Position Functions
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Performs a variety of bookkeeping procedures within the department and tracks various accounts and contracts: reconciles accounts and records, maintains/prepares budget records and summaries
- Processes purchase orders and requisitions as required, tracks orders received, and maintains records of purchases
- Prepares and processes performance contracts
- Provides support to committees facilitated by the department
- Records notes from meetings when requested
- Schedules/processes travel arrangements
- Acts as receptionist for the department when needed
- Manages calendar, phone and files for the Assistant Superintendent
- Handles sensitive issues and confidential information
- Assists/prepares handouts and/or assembles information packets for meetings and/or events
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment
- Develops and maintains required reports
- Maintains financial records for all department budget accounts and makes disbursements as needed and/or requested
- Assists the department head with planning, coordination and set-up of district-wide events.
NOTE: The official start date for this position is July 2, 2018. The selected candidate will be brought in to shadow the current Administrative Assistant in advance. The specific schedule and hours of the shadowing are to be determined.Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to prepare documents independently, creatively and accurately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, administrators, departments and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English
- Ability to perform routine bookkeeping and clerical accounting
- Considerable knowledge of computer equipment and related software including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to upgrade skill set with changing technology demands
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exhibit a professional demeanor and attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment, exhibiting patience, cooperation and composure
- Prior secretarial experience, office management and/or business experience (preferably in the field of education)
- Must be able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute
Salary/Pay: $18.18 / hour
Hours per Day: 8
Number of Days per Week: 5
Days of the Week: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
Number of Days per Year: 260
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions.
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the fingerprinting charge at the Colorado Springs Police Department as well as for the FBI charge.
All custodial positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to push/pull burdens up to 100 pounds.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
How to Apply: Current District 20 Staff:Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on 20Net Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR - Other Forms and Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form. New Applicants:New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete an online application. Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application. Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting. If you are a new applicant and are invited to interview for a classified position, please consider bringing the following documentation to your interview:
- Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate, if applicable): Copies acceptable. If you did not receive a degree, but attended a college or university and have a minimum of 48 credit hours, you may provide transcripts.
- Specialized training certification: Copies acceptable.
- Letters of Recommendation.
Email Contact: email@example.com