Administrative Assistant - Information Services
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
Administrative Assistant - Supports the department leader in day-to-day administrative functions of their department including but not limited to: budget, committee support, planning, supervision and support of department, and other district leadership.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Acts as a resource for inquiries from staff and community
- Answers telephone and greets visitors, providing information and routing inquiries as appropriate
- Arranges, schedules, prepares agendas, produces and disseminates minutes for stakeholder meetings and orientations
- Assists and manages calendar for the department leader and conference rooms
- Assists in the preparation and production of items related to grants and reports for the Colorado Department of Education, district administration, and the Board of Education
- Assists, schedules, and confirms appointments and meetings
- Attends professional meetings, seminars, and workshops
- Creates, updates, prepares, collates, analyzes, and processes reports related to job-specific responsibilities
- Ensures ongoing compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and personnel administrative policies, procedures, and appendices
- Files and sorts a variety of documents including sensitive and confidential information
- Interprets, explains, and executes district rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to staff and the public
- Maintains and prepares budget records and summaries
- Maintains department-related information related to position-specific responsibilities
- Maintains various databases, reports, and office filing systems including records retention
- Manages and updates department intranet page
- Manages budgeted funds
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail, and prepares outgoing mail as requested
- Orders supplies for department
- Organizes and assists with department-sponsored events
- Organizes department-facilitated interview processes
- Performs a variety of bookkeeping procedures within the department and reconciles/tracks various accounts
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment.
- Performs a variety of typical functions of the office: typing, filling, answering the phone, travel planning, e-mail, drafting memos, etc.
- Performs routine activities related to departmental functions and job-specific responsibilities
- Prepares and coordinates travel documentation and arrangements
- Prepares and processes data and reports related to job-specific responsibilities
- Prepares Board of Education items including agendas, memos, and resolutions
- Prepares correspondence, reports, and updates lists related to job-specific responsibilities
- Processes information, paperwork, and files
- Processes purchase orders
- Provides assistance to district staff consistent with job-specific responsibilities
- Provides assistance to other department office staff
- Provides online research as requested
- Provides support for other department secretaries and Education and Administration Center administrative assistants as needed
- Supports school and department administration inquiries
- Transcribes proceedings of meetings and committees as requested
- Updates required state and federal compliance documents and notification processes
- Works with the department leader to provide the Superintendent, Cabinet, and Board of Education with timely information concerning appropriate committees and department information
- Provides support to staff members and finds best solutions to resolve issues
- Assists with District Level contracts for accuracy of services
- Processes District Level Contract Requisitions
- Serves as an effective and supportive team member of the IT department
- Supports communication from CIO to sites
- Works collaboratively with the CIO and other team members on projects to support Information Technology Initiatives
- Maintains all Erate records with accuracy and understands the Erate process
- Works independently on budget related reports
- Maintains accurate budget documentation for Information Technology department to include contracts, spending, forecasting within the Total Cost of Ownership database
- Collects and processes all payroll related forms for Information Technology staff
- Ability to create, access, input, retrieve, and manipulate information in various software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, administrators, departments, other agencies, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, performing a wide range of tasks
- Ability to prepare correspondence on routine matters
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours
- Advanced knowledge of technology and related software utilized within department
- Demonstrates discernment, excellence, honesty, integrity, patience, perseverance, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with policies and procedures
- Knowledge of and demonstrated successful experience in human relations and communications
- Knowledge of office methods and procedures, to include appropriate telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of record keeping and filing techniques
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Strong spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills
Considerable knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and Government Bookkeeping practices
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- 5 years of general office experience in an educational setting
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office 365, Excel and Government bookkeeping
- Previous Administrative Assistant experience with continual increase in responsibility
Additional Work Environment Information:
Work is generally performed within a standard office environment.
See general Work Environment details below.
Additional Physical Demands Information:
See general Physical Demands details below.
Hours per Day:
Number of Days per Week:
Days of the Week:
Number of Days per Year:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions.
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the fingerprinting charge at the Colorado Springs Police Department as well as for the FBI charge.
All custodial positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to push/pull burdens up to 100 pounds.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on 20Net Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR - Other Forms and Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete an online application. Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application. Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|
|If you are a new applicant and are invited to interview for a classified position, please consider bringing the following documentation to your interview:|