Bookkeeper for Facilities Management
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
Performs bookkeeping/finance duties in support of all schools and departments of the district through the Business Services Department.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Answers telephone, provides information to callers, takes messages, forwards phone calls as appropriate; greets visitors to building courteously, determines their needs, and provides information or directions
- Assists department head with maintenance of departmental budget
- Assists in the daily activities of the general ledger accounting, including but not limited to, preparing and inputting journal entries, budget transfers, and bank reconciliations
- Assists locations with Sales Tax Liability procedures and questions
- Collects and maintains accurate information reconciliatory to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Coordinates accounting processes with each of the schools
- Develops and implements office procedures and methods to ensure the efficiency of operations
- Maintains office filing systems
- Maintains various databases and develops/maintains required reports
- Makes deposits to district checking account
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment
- Prepares and processes reports which require research, computation, and compilation
- Prepares reports as required, including payroll reports, state and federal reports, staff absence reports, staff insurance forms, etc.
- Provides back up assistance to other office staff
- Researches, compiles, and dispenses information to citizens, business, and other district agencies regarding district transactions
- Responsible for accounts receivable and bank statement reconciliation
- Responsible for generating Account Director’s Reports at end of each month
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling PTO and Activity Accounts at a district/school level
- Sets up, files, and sorts a variety of documents, to include sensitive and confidential information
Public school/government experience in accounts payable, finance, and purchasing
Knowledge of, and experience using, Oracle accounting software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain record systems
- Ability to maintain accurate filing system and related files
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform routine bookkeeping and clerical accounting
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Ability to use database and spreadsheet software effectively
- Considerable knowledge of policies and procedures, and overall district functions
- Strong communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed in a standard office environment.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Hours per Week:
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the cost of fingerprinting.
All custodial positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to push/pull burdens up to 100 pounds.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on Resources and Forms, click on Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR_Other_Forms_Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete the online application.|
|Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application.|
|Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|