The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
Greets and screens visitors to school; checks in visitors using the visitor management system; confirms purpose of the school visit and issues badges; checks visitors out of the visitor management system when they leave; performs other duties as assigned.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Assesses safety risks to the school and calls for backup or assistance if necessary
- Assists building administration, school safety and district security personnel, and law enforcement with safety and security related issues
- Assists in the coordination of action to be taken concerning threats of violence against students or district personnel, and assists in implementation of safety plan recommendations
- Assists responding police officers who are conducting investigations by contacting necessary district and school personnel
- Completes daily paperwork as required
- Ensures student and staff safety
- Ensures students, staff, and visitors adhere to policies and regulations while on campus or at district sponsored events
- Follows all district policies and procedures
- Intervenes to halt or prevent fights, disturbances, or other incidents, and diffuses threatening or confrontational situations
- Issues verbal warnings, reports misconduct, and requests assistance from appropriate personnel as required
- Maintains familiarity with and enforces Student Conduct and Discipline Code and other school rules and regulations
- Makes notifications via telephone, radio, or written report of incidents requiring documentation
- Monitors alarm systems, camera systems, entry access system, and other security devices
- Monitors hallways, deters behavior problems, etc.
- Monitors student(s), ensuring their compliance to district/building policies and regulations
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties and assists other staff members
- Renders appropriate first aid to injured persons and follows established protocol for reporting injuries
- Watches for disturbances, fights, unauthorized visitors, or criminal activity
- Attends trainings, conferences and professional learning opportunities to continually improve abilities and as required
1 to 3 years of related experience
Good physical condition
Must have no history of criminal involvement (a background and criminal history check will be conducted)
Must be able to obtain First Aid, CPI, CPR, and AED certification (may be obtained on the job)
Colorado Driver’s License or be eligible at time of application
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to create, access, input, retrieve, and manipulate information in various software systems
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and professions including supervisors, administrators, coworkers, staff, students, parents, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to intervene in physical conflict and physically restrain persons to protect property or other persons
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, performing a wide range of supportive tasks
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to work days, hours, locations, and assignments as directed by the supervisor within the position responsibilities
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision, and in a team environment
- Commitment to the safety of students and staff as a primary responsibility
- Computer proficiency including office productivity applications
- Demonstrates citizenship, compassion, courage, discernment, excellence, honesty, hope, integrity, patience, perseverance, reliability, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Demonstrates successful interpersonal interactions
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of education
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Lifts or carries burdens weighing up to 30 lbs., and pushes and/or pulls other burdens weighing 50 lbs.
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the cost of fingerprinting.
All custodial positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to push/pull burdens up to 100 pounds.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on Resources and Forms, click on Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR_Other_Forms_Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete the online application.|
|Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application.|
|Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|