The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
Maintains records and monitors procedures and practices for compliance with policies and laws related to the department. Registration of all students in Academy District 20.
The job description information below is under review by the Human Resources Department and may not necessarily contain all elements of the position. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time. This information does not create a contractual relationship with the staff member and includes such duties, services, activities, tasks, and related assignments that shall generally be assigned by an administrator as part of the functions of this position.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Answers telephone, provides information to callers, takes messages, forwards phone calls as appropriate; greets visitors to building courteously, determines their needs, and provides information or directions
- Assists department head with maintenance of departmental budget
- Circulates pertinent information as advised by the supervisor
- Composes, performs, and types routine correspondence and reports and updates lists
- Coordinates and processes student transcript requests for inactive students
- Develops and implements office procedures and methods to ensure the efficiency of operations
- Ensures the accurate registration and immunization of all students and the dissemination of student records to the receiving school
- Interprets and explains district rules, regulations, and procedures to the public
- Maintains a complete set of accurate and timely student records containing data such as grades, credits, GPA, names, addresses, telephone numbers, immunization history, correspondence, etc.
- Maintains and/or prepares payroll records for guest and regular staff, including completing guest staff pay receipts, accounting for staff absences, and providing payroll records to Business Services
- Maintains office filing system
- Maintains responsibility for the clerical operations of a departmental office
- Maintains various databases and reports
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail, and/or prepares outgoing mail as required
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment
- Performs routine typing activities related to departmental functions
- Prepares and processes reports which require research, computation, and compilation
- Prepares proposals and amendments for grants and reports for State Department and district administration, and resolutions to the Board of Education
- Processes and inputs data entry for student registration
- Processes purchase orders and requisitions as required, tracks orders as received, and maintains records of office purchases
- Processes purchase requisitions for office equipment, maintenance needs, staff expenses, and office supplies
- Publishes a tutor list
- Researches, compiles, and dispenses information to citizens, businesses, and other district agencies regarding district transactions
- Sets up, files, and sorts a variety of documents, to include sensitive and confidential information
- Tracks and verifies student information for out-of-district and preschool programs on a weekly basis
- Verifies authenticity of documents presented to establish residential eligibility of a student
- Works closely with building principals and secretaries to maintain accurate data
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Ability to compile and type statistical reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers and the general public
- Ability to maintain accurate filing system and related files
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform routine bookkeeping and clerical accounting
- Ability to perform routine office management skills independently
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and research a variety of problem-solving and fact-finding study projects
- Ability to train others in procedures and the use of equipment
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Ability to use database and spreadsheet software effectively
- Ability to work independently on major assignments
- Considerable knowledge of policies and procedures, and overall district functions
- Knowledge of record keeping and filing techniques
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated successful experience in, human relations and communications
- Strong communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic office methods and procedures, to include appropriate telephone etiquette, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Thorough knowledge of laws, rules, regulations and procedures related to district operations and departmental functions
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed within a standard office environment.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Hours per Week:
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the cost of fingerprinting.
All custodial positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to push/pull burdens up to 100 pounds.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on Resources and Forms, click on Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR_Other_Forms_Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete the online application.|
|Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application.|
|Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|