Color Guard Tech
Location:Pine Creek High School
Recruiting Start Date:09/16/2020
Estimated Start Date:09/23/2020Performs temporary, instructional-related activities at the direction of a licensed staff member
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Assists the licensed staff member with assigned tasks
- Completes non-licensed instructional responsibilities
- Displays personal and professional qualities that promote a safe and caring environment conducive to student learning such as maintaining confidentiality, collaborating with staff, accepting constructive feedback, being a positive role model, treating others with respect, etc.
- Meets the identified learning needs of assigned students as directed by a licensed staff member
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with instructional staff and others in completing responsibilities
Duties to include the following:
- Student instruction in the area of color guard/dance and ability to work with all ability levels
- Knowledgeable in the area of marching band, color guard, WGI/winter guard, and/or dance instruction and styles
- Work closely with band directors to create cohesive performances with marching band and other various ensembles
- Ability to work closely and build professional relationships with band parents and boosters
- Willingness to coordinate with directors to help with student enrollment and retention
- Available to assist during scheduled marching band rehearsals, color guard sectionals, football games, and performances
- Assist with color guard equipment inventory and maintenance
Compensation for all hired extra pay positions (coaches, sponsors, ancillary instructors, etc.) is contingent upon the specific athletic, activity, or academic event being approved by the District to occur during the 2020-2021 school year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be flexible and patient in work demands
- Ability to assist students in assigned areas
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and professions including supervisors, administrators, coworkers, staff, students, parents, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Ability to work days, hours, locations, and assignments as directed by the supervisor within the position responsibilities
- Commitment to the education of students as a primary responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Demonstrates citizenship, compassion, courage, discernment, excellence, honesty, hope, integrity, patience, perseverance, reliability, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Demonstrates effective organizational and time management skills
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Promotes a positive climate, culture, and community
- Student-centered and relationship-focused
- Understanding of data privacy laws and their implications for the educational community
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- The incumbent operates primarily independently and frequently with others in a professional school environment indoors regularly and outdoors occasionally.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Typical demands require staff to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, and may be higher for some assignments depending on position and student need; climb stairs, ladders, and/or stools; reach, hold, grasp and turn objects; use fingers to operate computer keyboards; feel the shape, size and temperature of objects
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Hours per Day:7.5 hour(s) per day
Number of Days per Year:183 days M-F
FLSA Status:United States of America (Exempt)
How to Apply:
New applicants (including current district staff members) must use the Workday application portal. Documents emailed directly to a supervisor will not be considered for application purposes and will not receive a response. A completed online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:
- A current resume
Please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school/location. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.
Hiring Manager Email: