District Technology Technician Substitute (TEMPORARY / AS NEEDED ONLY)
Location:EAC (Education and Administration Center)
Recruiting Start Date:10/27/2020
Estimated Start Date:11/03/2020Performs temporary activities at the direction of an administrative staff member or designee.
Works as part of a team to provide first-line technical support to students, staff, and parents of Academy District 20, including but is not limited to: PC support and maintenance, user account management, systems administration of printers, desktops, laptops, and tablet devices; assigns and tracks all work orders at each school or administration building through the centralized ticketing system; provides software support in common education and productivity software packages to students, teachers, administrators, and other school personnel; works with district IT department to provide support and information to schools in standard IT processes, procedures, and practices
These positions are TEMPORARY / AS NEEDED ONLY.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Assists in maintaining a current hardware and software inventory for assigned schools
- Assists with equipment ordering, budget preparation, and ordering of supplies and material for the assigned locations
- Assists/coordinates preventative maintenance for building computers, networks, printers, and other related equipment
- Attends pre-job training, ongoing training, and meetings as required during the school year in order to remain up-to-date on job procedures
- Evaluates equipment and coordinates in recommendations of purchases
- Maintains records necessary for effective operation of program, including monitoring expenses and the annual inventory of all materials and equipment
- Maintains, orders, and organizes inventory of materials in an effective manner
- Organizes and maintains all computer equipment for staff and students
- Participates in training activities as required
- Performs installation, troubleshooting, repair, imaging, and software support for computers and tablet devices
- Performs operational support of technical equipment
- Prepares technical documentation, user instruction guides, and conduct hardware and software training as required
- Provides information on the availability of programs for classroom use
- Provides reference assistance to students and staff
- Schedules and coordinates installations, maintenance, and repair of computer and networking equipment
- Serves as an ad hoc member of the districtwide committees
- Serves as an effective and supportive team member of the IT department
- Supervises staff assigned to repair computer equipment
- Supports end-users with hardware and software related issues and questions
- Works with other District Technology Technicians, District IT, and school staff to resolve issues and problems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to create, access, input, retrieve, and manipulate information in various software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and professions including supervisors, administrators, coworkers, staff, students, parents, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, performing a wide range of supportive tasks
- Ability to train others in procedures and the use of equipment
- Ability to use computer equipment and related software to support diagnostics
- Ability to work days, hours, locations, and assignments as directed by the supervisor within the position responsibilities
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Commitment to the education of students as a primary responsibility
- Computer proficiency including office productivity applications
- Considerable knowledge of computer equipment and related software for diagnostics
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Demonstrates citizenship, compassion, courage, discernment, excellence, honesty, hope, integrity, patience, perseverance, reliability, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Experience networking client devices over wired and wireless networks
- Knowledge of and experience with common iPad productivity packages, apps, and browsers
- Knowledge of and experience with common PC productivity packages, apps, and browsers
- Knowledge of and experience with common tablet apps and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of and experience with the latest and recent version of major operating systems including Microsoft, Apple, and Macintosh
- Knowledge of how technology supports learning
- Knowledge, experience, and skill in the operation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair of computer equipment, technical devices, and related software
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in problem-solving and trouble-shooting hardware and software
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training as required
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed in a computer lab and office environment within school for district facility.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Lifts or carries burdens weighing up to 25 lbs. while performing duties
- Conducts activities involving climbing, stooping, kneeling/bending, crouching/squatting, twisting, and reaching
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Hours per Day:8.0 hour(s) per day
Number of Days per Year:Temporary Worker Assign
FLSA Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
How to Apply:
New applicants (including current district staff members) must use the Workday application portal. Documents emailed directly to a supervisor will not be considered for application purposes and will not receive a response. A completed online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:
- A current resume
Please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school/location. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting
Hiring Manager Email: