Family Resource Center Administrative Secretary (21.22 SY ONLY)
Location:EAC (Education and Administration Center)
Recruiting Start Date:06/18/2021
Estimated Start Date:07/01/2021Performs the activities of preparing, transferring, transcribing, systematizing or preserving communications, records, and transactions. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves director of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Answers telephone, provides information to callers, takes messages, forwards phone calls as appropriate; greets visitors to building courteously, determines their needs and provides information or directions
- Assists department head with maintenance of departmental budget
- Circulates pertinent information throughout the district as advised by the administrators
- Composes, performs, and types routine correspondence and reports and updates lists
- Coordinates transportation requests
- Develops and implements office procedures and methods to ensure the efficiency of operations
- Maintains inventory of office supplies; orders and stocks materials and supplies as necessary
- Maintains responsibility for the clerical operations of a departmental office
- Maintains various calendars, databases and reports
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and/or prepares outgoing mail as required
- Performs a variety of bookkeeping procedures within the department and tracks various accounts and contracts; reconciles accounts and records; maintains/prepares budget records and summaries
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment
- Processes purchase orders and requisitions as required, tracks orders as received, produces and distributes work orders, maintains records of purchases
- Processes purchase requisitions for office equipment, maintenance needs, staff expenses, and office supplies
- Provides back up assistance to other office staff
- Takes dictation for official meetings, prepares minutes, and handles confidential or sensitive documents and correspondence
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, administrators, departments, other agencies, and the general public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, performing a wide range of supportive clerical tasks
- Ability to prepare correspondence on routine matters
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Considerable knowledge of computer equipment and related software utilized within the office
- Knowledge of record keeping and filing techniques
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated successful experience in, human relations and communications
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic office methods and procedures, to include appropriate telephone etiquette, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed within a standard office environment.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Typical demands require staff to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, and may be higher for some assignments depending on position and student need; climb stairs, ladders, and/or stools; reach, hold, grasp and turn objects; use fingers to operate computer keyboards; feel the shape, size and temperature of objects
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Hours per Day:8.0 hour(s) per day
Number of Days per Year:260 days M-F
FLSA Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
How to Apply:
New applicants (including current district staff members) must use the Workday application portal. Documents emailed directly to a supervisor will not be considered for application purposes and will not receive a response. A completed online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:
- A current resume
Please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school/location. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting
Hiring Manager Email: