Licensed Guest Teacher (Substitute) - 2018/2019
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
Selected applicants will be required to attend an orientation prior to being added to the guest staff roster. Only applicants with outstanding reference checks and background checks receive invitations to attend, and the Human Resources Department notifies selected candidates by email regarding dates and times of these orientations.
PLEASE NOTE: Prior to being able to serve, fingerprinting will be required.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assignments as directed by administration
- Adheres to all Academy School District 20 Administrative Policies/Procedures and policies of the Board of Education
- Safeguards the safety and welfare of students, and ensure that students are under supervision at all times
- Understands that in conduct and interpersonal relationships, guest staff are in a position of trust and are being continuously observed by students and the community
- Serves as a model in manner, dress, courtesy, actions, language, and attitudes, influencing the development of young people
- Maintains the care and protection of school and district property
- Follows the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to protect the individual confidentiality rights of students
Licensed Guest Teacher:
- Valid Colorado Substitute (3 or 5 Year) Authorization and/or Initial, Interim, or Professional Colorado Teaching License
- Excellent organizational and academic skills
- Effective student management skills
- Student centered; Demonstrated success in working with students
- Excellent collaborative/teaming skills
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum requirement to remain active is three days a month
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions.
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete the online application. In addition to the online application, applicants must upload transcripts indicating Bachelor's degree or higher conferred and three (3) letters of recommendation on the Resume page of the online application.
Applicants must preference the Licensed Guest Teacher (Substitute) position to be considered. Please do not call to request site visits or interviews. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.