Licensed Guest Teacher (Substitute) - 2019/2020
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
Current Licensed Guest Staff Pay: $120/Full-Day; $60/Half-Day
NEW Licensed Guest Staff Pay as of January 1, 2020
- Monday - Thursday: $130/Full-Day; $65/Half-Day
- Friday: $140/Full-Day; $70/Half-Day
Selected applicants will be required to attend an orientation prior to being added to the guest staff roster. Only applicants with outstanding reference checks and background checks receive invitations to attend, and the Human Resources Department notifies selected candidates by email regarding dates and times of these orientations.
PLEASE NOTE: Prior to being able to serve, fingerprinting will be required.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assignments as directed by administration
- Adheres to all Academy School District 20 Administrative Policies/Procedures and policies of the Board of Education
- Safeguards the safety and welfare of students, and ensure that students are under supervision at all times
- Understands that in conduct and interpersonal relationships, guest staff are in a position of trust and are being continuously observed by students and the community
- Serves as a model in manner, dress, courtesy, actions, language, and attitudes, influencing the development of young people
- Maintains the care and protection of school and district property
- Follows the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to protect the individual confidentiality rights of students
Licensed Guest Teacher:
- Valid Colorado Substitute (3 or 5 Year) Authorization and/or Initial, Interim, or Professional Colorado Teaching License
- Excellent organizational and academic skills
- Effective student management skills
- Student centered; Demonstrated success in working with students
- Excellent collaborative/teaming skills
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum requirement to remain active is three days a month
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the cost of fingerprinting.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
Primary consideration will be given to transfer requests from schools that need to reduce staff.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on Resources and Forms, click on Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR_Other_Forms_Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|If you are a new applicant, you must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete the online application. A complete online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:|
|Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application.|
|Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|