Location:Discovery Canyon Campus High School
Recruiting Start Date:07/27/2021
Estimated Start Date:08/01/2021Primarily responsible for the maintenance, preparation, and cleaning of athletic facilities and grounds at the assigned location in addition to regular location custodial duties including trash removal, floor cleaning, general cleaning, and sanitizing; sets up for special events; develops and promotes good relations among staff and community; works with school and Facilities Management administrators to ensure sites are ready for sporting and other events; coordinates with Facilities Management to request additional staff for set up and clean up assistance as needed; submits and completes assigned work orders; requires work outside regular business hours
Incumbent must meet pre-employment drug and alcohol testing requirements; subject to random drug and alcohol testing, including reasonable suspicion.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Assists in other areas at the location during the workday as directed
- Assists students and staff with physical plant items such as lockers, doors, desks, lights, etc. and performs minor repairs as needed
- Assists with safety drills, scenarios, and real-life situations as needed and directed
- Attends training and in-service meetings
- Cleans hazards, including bodily fluids, spills, etc. per best practices and current regulations
- Cleans, dusts, and straightens desks; cleans counters, toilets, sinks, whiteboards, cove bases, blinds, walls, furniture, vents, windows, mirrors, carpet, floors, and other items as needed and assigned
- Coordinates with Facilities Management to request additional staff for set up and clean up assistance as needed
- Ensures facilities are safe and operational for students, staff, and the community
- Keeps buildings and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, athletic, and play areas neat and clean at all times
- Maintains artificial turf and natural turf/grass areas at individual or multiple sites to include stadiums and perform outdoor groundkeeper tasks determined by site administrators
- Monitors irrigation sprinkler systems and all associated components including valves, backflow preventers, and sprinkler heads/time clocks and notifies facilities department of deficiencies
- Monitors water, electrical, sewer, HVAC, etc. and assists in emergency shut off as needed
- Moves, relocates, and transports materials, furniture, and equipment as needed and assigned
- Mows lawns and trims and edges around landscaping, builds, installs, and repairs fencing, retaining walls, and stairs, paints and marks all athletic fields, waters lawns, cleans out drainage ditches and or culverts, and checks and repairs playground equipment
- Performs any duties as assigned associated with site grounds and building upkeep including painting, and other non-routine maintenance tasks
- Performs crossing guard duties as directed
- Performs the operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment including power mowers, snow blowers, snow plows, parking lot sweeper, and weed trimmers, etc.
- Processes and completes internal work requests
- Promotes an efficient building by understanding and implementing sustainability management strategies as required
- Removes and disposes of trash in facilities and on grounds
- Removes snow and ice
- Reports minor and major site and facility-related discrepancies or areas of need
- Sanitizes site facilities where applicable, including but not limited to restrooms, water fountains, etc.
- Sets up for regular and special events as directed
- Shovels, plows, and/or sands roadways, fire lanes, parking lots, walks and steps as appropriate
- Submits and completes assigned work orders
- Vacuums, shampoos, sweeps, strips, buffs, dusts, mops, etc. floors and stairs as needed
- Works with school and Facilities Management administrators to ensure sites are ready for sporting and other events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information in various software systems
- Ability to effectively manage additional requested crew members as site needs dictate
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, staff, students, parents, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands
- Ability to operate and care for mechanized cleaning equipment
- to operate standard custodial equipment, performing a wide range of custodial tasks
- Ability to organize and direct tasks of non-regularly assigned staff
- Ability to read/write/speak the English language and follow directions in English effectively
- Ability to recognize safety issues in the workplace
- Ability to work days, hours, locations, and assignments as directed by the supervisor within the position responsibilities outside of regular business hours as needed
- Ability to work independently on assignments
- Ability to work well with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and professions, as well as the student body
- Demonstrates discernment, excellence, honesty, integrity, patience, perseverance, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, supplies, and chemicals
- Knowledge of cleaning, scheduling, cleaning techniques, and setup for events
- Organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of custodial tasks for sites, regular facilities, grounds, and equipment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Strong spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is performed indoors, outdoors, and on school grounds.
- The incumbent may experience exposure to odors, dust, fumes, and chemical cleaners.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Lifts or carries burdens weighing up to 50 lbs., and pushes and/or pulls other burdens weighing 100 lbs.
- Conducts activities involving climbing, stooping, kneeling/bending, crouching/squatting, crawling, twisting, and reaching, utilizing a ladder or a lift
- Works with arms extended at shoulder height with a weight up to 50 lbs.
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Hours per Day:8.0 hour(s) per day
Number of Days per Year:260 days T-Sat 8 hrs
FLSA Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
How to Apply:
New applicants (including current district staff members) must use the Workday application portal. Documents emailed directly to a supervisor will not be considered for application purposes and will not receive a response. A completed online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:
- A current resume
Please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school/location. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting
Hiring Manager Email: