Print Shop Technician
Location:EAC (Education and Administration Center)
Recruiting Start Date:09/09/2020
Estimated Start Date:09/21/2020Performs a variety of working level duties related to organizing, directing, and coordinating the day-to-day operation of the district print shop as needed to expedite the processing of district printing, binding, and publication requests.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Assembles print orders in order to maximize equipment use and efficiencies related to collating, cutting, padding, punching, stapling, binding, numbering, and folding printed materials
- Assists customers to review outside bids and makes recommendations
- Assists mailroom when needed
- Assists manager with monthly billings for services rendered
- Assists warehouse when needed and time allows
- Conducts inventory counts as needed to verify available resources
- Confers with clients related to layout, design, typography, etc.
- Confers with vendors as needed to secure price breaks and timely delivery
- Coordinates inventory supply with project requests
- Coordinates major repairs with vendors
- Establishes goals, policies, procedures, and priorities for scheduling
- Maintains shop inventory
- Manages the loading dock to include receipt and distribution of packages
- Operates district print shop
- Operates Document Imaging system
- Operates printing equipment (computerized) as required to reproduce various forms, letterhead, documents, publications, brochures, reports, etc.
- Performs binding of materials as requested
- Performs routine and minor maintenance on equipment
- Plans, directs, and controls archiving related operations
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls printing related operations
- Prepares regular reports showing shop activity and revenues
- Receives and reviews print requests, determines district capability, schedules project, or recommends outside business
- Reviews and estimates costs for printing supplies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze a variety of general service logistical problems and make routine decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, administrators, departments, vendors, and the general public
- Ability to operate a variety of types of office equipment
- Ability to read and interpret written policy, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to work independently and manage simultaneous demands related to work load and time deadlines
- Demonstrates discernment, excellence, honesty, integrity, patience, perseverance, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of computer operations and technical software applications
- Knowledge of inventory control methods and procedures
- Some knowledge of basic budgeting, accounting, and related statistical procedures
- Some knowledge of printing and copying equipment operation
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Tasks require a variety of physical activities involving muscular strain
- Conducts activities involving climbing, stooping, kneeling/bending, crouching/squatting, twisting, and reaching
- Rapid work speed required to perform keyboard operations
- Has a high degree of mobility
- Lifts/pushes/pulls or carries burdens weighing up to 50 lbs.
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Hours per Day:4.0 hour(s) per day
Number of Days per Year:260 days M-F
FLSA Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
How to Apply:
New applicants (including current district staff members) must use the Workday application portal. Documents emailed directly to a supervisor will not be considered for application purposes and will not receive a response. A completed online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:
- A current resume
Please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school/location. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting
Hiring Manager Email: