Trades: Building Manager for Timberview Middle School
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Three years experience as a building manager preferred
- Proven leadership, communication, planning, organizing and scheduling skills
- Electrical/mechanical operations knowledge
- Knowledge of/experience with team cleaning concepts
- Creative, flexible, innovative, high-energy and motivated
- Must enjoy working with people/students
- Must be able to lift/carry burdens weighing up to 50 lbs, and push and/or pull other burdens weighing 100 lbs.
- Conducts activities involving climbing, twisting and reaching
- Read/write/speak the English language and follow directions effectively
- Work cooperatively in a school atmosphere and collaborate with all staff, students and public
- Supervise, direct the work, train and monitor attendance of custodial teams
- Meet D20 standards of cleanliness on a daily basis
- Train others in safety procedures, operations and use of building equipment
- Plan and perform minor maintenance repairs to facilities and report major discrepancies
- Perform custodial duties in a large facility while accepting responsibility for assigned areas without supervision
Hours per Day:
Number of Days per Week:
Days of the Week:
Number of Days per Year:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions.
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the fingerprinting charge at the Colorado Springs Police Department as well as for the FBI charge.
All custodial positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to push/pull burdens up to 100 pounds.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on 20Net Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR - Other Forms and Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete an online application. Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application. Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|
|If you are a new applicant and are invited to interview for a classified position, please consider bringing the following documentation to your interview:|